34th running of the Lake Chabot Trail Challenge Half Marathon & 5K
2017 Event date:
Sunday June 4th, 2017
Half Marathon: 8:00 AM, 5k: 8:30 AM
Both races will use chip timing.
Half Marathon: A scenic, hilly loop, mainly on dirt fire roads with five aid stations. There is a 3.5 hour time limit. Carrying water is advisable.
- Due to upcoming work on the dam this summer, both events will have new routes.
- The Half Marathon will start at 8am and the 5k will start at 8:30am.
- Please be prepared to share the roads and trails with other users.
Start and finish near the Lake Chabot Marina
17930 Lake Chabot Road
Castro Valley, CA 94546
There is a nominal fee to park inside lot or park for free on Lake Chabot Rd.
Quality T-shirt and finisher medals to the first 400 registered runners. Post-race refreshments and prize raffle. Plaque and complimentary entry to next year's race will be given to the first overall man and woman in each race. Medals will be given to the top 3 in each of 13 age divisions in the half marathon in 5 year age categories. Medals to the top 3 in each of the 10 age divisions in the 5K. Medal also given to the first male/female under 9 in the 5K and under 14 in the half marathon.
On-line registration (through Thursday, June 1) cost is $50 for 1/2 Marathon, $35 for 5k.
Race day registration (after Thursday, June 1) is $65 for 1/2 Marathon, $40 for 5k.
Bib numbers will not be mailed. Race day registration and bib pick-up begins at 6:30 am at the Willow picnic site.
This is also the finish line area.
Nominal fee (~$5) for Chabot parking lot. Free parking on Chabot Rd and nearby streets.
If you or your company would like to be an official sponsor, please contact the Race Director. The Lake Chabot Trail Challenge Half Marathon/5K is the primary fundraiser for the Castro Valley Track Club, and all contributions are fully tax deductible
Overall male and female winners (lowest combined times for all three events) will have their names and times engraved on the Triple Crown trophy, on display at the Transports store in Oakland.
- The Tilden Tough Ten is the first leg of the East Bay Triple Crown. Information and registration is at the following link: http://www.lmjs.org/Tilden_Tough_Ten
- The Lake Chabot Trail Challenge is the second leg.
- The Woodminster Cross Country Trail Race is the third and final leg. Information and registration is at the following link: http://www.lmjs.org/woodminster
2015 Lake Chabot Trail Challenge results & photos:Photos of top finishers and division winners
2014 Race Results